Chromebook pro does not turn on (only blue light no screen)

Constellation

Chromebook pro does not turn on (only blue light no screen)

I have a chromebook pro and there was an update and after restarting, chromeos just crashed - the screen went blank. Since then I have not been able to turn it back on. Mostly, I have a blue light, but with a blank screen.

I have tried all kinds of hardware reset etc., but nothing works. If I hold it for a few seconds, the blue light goes off and when I press the button to start it again, it goes green for a 1/2 second and then back to blue with the blank screen.

Please advise...

8 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Chromebook pro does not turn on (only blue light no screen)

Oh no! Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I'm having a similar issue with my Chromebook Pro right now, except the light just stays blue.  Did you ever find a solution?

Constellation

Have 2 exact chrome books bought about 3 months apart only the newer one having the issue above.
Constellation

Lease pm and I'll send serial number this laptop less than 3 weeks old. 

Constellation

I don't see any Accepted as a solution.
Anyone have luck I PMed the serial Number. Thanks for contacting. I actually gave it to gifter to return and they decided to keep it so a solution would be helpful. I have no issues with 2 other chromebooks purchased similiar time.

is there a certain batch that needs to be recalled.

09 2017 is on the laptop that is not working right.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Hello, I'm following up on the problematic Chromebook Plus that I purchased for my granddaughter. My son returned it to me, because it would not "wake up" from the sleep mode (indicated by the blue light). When I tried the Chromebook Plus, it actually booted up. I was able to fully charge it and, for several days, it worked fine. It would go to sleep when I closed it and immediately wake up when I reopened it. So, I decided not to return it to Amazon, since the company for which Amazon fulfilled the order indicated that they would only return 50% of the purchase price, if the Chromebook was in working order. This morning I tried to recharge the Chromebook and when I plugged in the power cord, the red light appeared momentarily and then immediately changed to blue. Like my son, I tried several times to turn off the machine, to reboot it, or to do a hard reset. I even left it charging for awhile to see if the red or green light would appear. No luck, It has remaining in sleep mode all day. The serial number is <Hidden> 09.2017 . Please let me if this is fixable. Thanks.

Constellation

Sorry, I did not know how to send a "private message." Apparently, simply clicking on the [Reply] button does not facilitate such and instead creates an additional post to the forum message thread.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

No worries, you can send private messages by visiting a User's profile directly. In this case I would recommend repairs. You can message me directly using this link for more details: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.