Original topic:

Chromebook won't recognize boot media

(Topic created on: 2/27/21 12:53 PM)
userkYRUQXJzTV
Astronaut
Options
Computers

The OS on an old Chromebook (model XE501C13) in the house can no longer boot off its resident OS and needs to boot off of a recovery disk/media.  So I go out and build a recovery disk on a thumb drive with ample space and try to boot off it. 

The computer says there is no Chrome OS on the boot media, I tried another thumbdrive that had just been formatted and the same result.

I have little to no experience with Chromebooks any tips out there in the community to help fix this.

Thanks
wade

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I am sorry to hear about this. Did you build the recovery media on a USB drive that was at least 8GB using the Chromebook Recovery Utility in the Chrome browser? When you boot the Chromebook to recover it, are you using the following procedure?

Press and hold Esc + Refresh , then press Power . Let go of Power. When a message shows on the screen, let go of the other keys.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes