JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Facing issues with Samsung galaxy book flex alpha-- Keyboard issues

(Topic created: 03-14-2021 09:37 PM)
Aryan1508
Constellation
Options
Computers

I recently bought the Samsung galaxy book flex alpha and have been facing issues with the keyboard.

For example, once I just was about to use my laptop, and I noticed that the keyboard lights started to flicker continuously. If I pressed any key It would flicker again. Turning off the keyboard backlight brightness did not work. The only thing that worked was a restart. 

Next example,  the Caps Lock key is supposed to light up when on, but right now it doesn't switch on at all when you click.

This issue happens rarely but does happen. I have noticed when the battery is low when anyone is typing with the keyboard. Sometimes it suddenly pauses in the middle and continues after 1-1.5 seconds. 

All of these issues are immediately rectified if you just restart the laptop

7 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I'm sorry to hear that, if this still occurs after a restart the next thing you could try is a factory reset of the computer, if you decide to go this route be sure to back up any and all data you may have. If this does not fix this issue then depending on how long you have had this you may be able to take it back for an exchange or refund. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Aryan1508
Constellation
Options
Computers

It is not old at all, and the issue persists. I have noticed it occurs only when the blue light just in the top left of the keyboard isn't lit. If I just put it to sleep and switch it on again, the light would turn back on and the keyboard would work just fine. 

It isn't old, has no damage as it hasn't fallen/hit anything hard 

0 Likes
JayLilRoseCollection
Constellation
Options
Computers

out of the box it worked then there was an update that removed always on from the toggle. It has 30 60 100 brightness but not always on naymore. Samsung needs to fix this with a patch.

0 Likes
user7Wfd7psXyh
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I recently got the book flex alpha and I'm experiencing the same problem.

0 Likes
userAjC4o4qjXQ
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I've been experiencing the same issue

0 Likes
userE8lJzd0QO4
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Same issue here.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes