Original topic:

Fan Noise Galaxy Book Flex 15in

(Topic created on: 1/13/21 2:49 PM)
userEEfiG53u1Q
Constellation
Options
Computers

I purchased this laptop for my wife and the fan noise is ridiculously loud while charger is plugged in.  She uses it for work and and prefers to have it plugged in at all times.  Even when it is not plugged in the fan goes on often. Talked to support and maybe this laptop is too new for them.  They told me to turn on silent mode and this laptop does not have silent mode.  Please help!! my return period ended 2 weeks ago. 

3 Replies
Jetster
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Usually when charging the device gets hot because of the fast charging. You should be able to change that in the settings to help cool it down. That's all I can think of, but besides that I don't know. Hope you figure it out.
0 Likes
userEEfiG53u1Q
Constellation
Options
Computers
Thank You, if anyone can tell me where to go in the settings I would appreciate it.
0 Likes
Options
Computers
....lol.... support... got love them.... Silent Mode has absolutely no control over the noise created by the cooling fan when it engages, runs, disengage; nor could you try and make it or even write code line to let it that I know of... anyway... Your positive it's the cooling fan making the noise? Is it constant and on always as long as the laptop is turned on regardless of it being plugged in or not? once turned of will it still run for a bit? where are you using the laptop like, on a pillow that's on my lap, on a desk in my den near a window? What's the QLED quantum dot display resolution, type, FR set too? Do you know if there are multiple fans, example, proccessor graphics, if so (and if it does) which one, both, or alternating makes the noise? is it connected to the internet, mobile carrier via sim, Bluetoothed or direct connected to any other device?
0 Likes