JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flex2 Alpha - S Pen Included?

(Topic created: 05-22-2021 04:18 PM)
em_fb
Constellation
Options
Computers

I preordered the Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha this morning and was reading a few reviews and realized I didn't see any confirmation that the 2-in-1 came with the S Pen? It wasn't included on the page of recommended accessories so I assumed it would be included. Please advise. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

Hello, per the user manual on pg 18 it looks like the Active Pen/ S Pen is sold separately.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202104/20210419084817204/Win10_Manual_ENG.pdf

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
AlyssaRoxanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
Do you guys know what pen this is that is supposedly sold separately? I can't find it.
userr37n6xXcnL
Constellation
Options
Computers

Samsung has been notoriously vague on their digitizers since the first Alpha. To further the frustration, they have one generic manual but specs vary by market and their support people are clueless no matter how many hours you spend on the phone. The manual referenced above shows a pen with battery, indicating an AES digitizer, and based on user input, it uses MPP protocol (adding to the confusion, some Korean 2020 Alpha models were configured with Wacom digitizers). But are the AES models MPP 2.0 compatible, which supports tilt? And in which markets? Very frustrating that we must rely on vague user hearsay rather than definitive Samsung specs. Dell, in contrast, has clear specs on digitizers and styluses. Samsung has made some good strides with laptops but sadly consistently doesn't seem to understand or be able to communicate what they are selling.