Original topic:

Function Keys Galaxy Book Flex Not Responding

(Topic created on: 10/28/20 8:41 PM)
usert97SqZkIU7
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Dear all,

I have run into difficulty with 3 of my function keys which are no longer responding. F10 which switches to outdoor brightness mode, F11 which allows for wireless power sharing, and F12 which is a search function. 

I wasnt having any issues with these keys a week ago or so but today I found that these 3 function keys are no longer responding. All the other function keys work fine (volume control, brightness control, etc.).

After doing some digging, I found that the Samsung settings app controls the function keys. When I open the app to try and troubleshoot, I am prompted with "To use the full funcions of Samsung settings, Samsung system support service must be installed. Samsung system support service is installed through Windows Update." However, when I search for a windows update, my pc is already up to date and there is no update available. 

Is there any solution to this? Its annoying not being able to charge my devices wirelessly anymore.

Regards

0 Likes
10 Replies
usert97SqZkIU7
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I would like to let anyone else who may be seeing this, this solution did NOT work for me and the moderator should be ashamed for sweeping my problem under the rug by linking me the first google hit and marking it as the "solution". This is a problem Samsung needs to address. I paid a boat load of cash for this machine and am very disappointed.

0 Likes