Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Function Keys Galaxy Book Flex Not Responding

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear all,

I have run into difficulty with 3 of my function keys which are no longer responding. F10 which switches to outdoor brightness mode, F11 which allows for wireless power sharing, and F12 which is a search function. 

I wasnt having any issues with these keys a week ago or so but today I found that these 3 function keys are no longer responding. All the other function keys work fine (volume control, brightness control, etc.).

After doing some digging, I found that the Samsung settings app controls the function keys. When I open the app to try and troubleshoot, I am prompted with "To use the full funcions of Samsung settings, Samsung system support service must be installed. Samsung system support service is installed through Windows Update." However, when I search for a windows update, my pc is already up to date and there is no update available. 

Is there any solution to this? Its annoying not being able to charge my devices wirelessly anymore.

Regards

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Function Keys Galaxy Book Flex Not Responding

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109626/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, can I have your full model number? Also how long have you had this laptop? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My model number is NP950QCG and I've had my machine for about 3 months now.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also just want to confirm have you tried to power cycle the laptop itself? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have not tried this. Can you run through the process on the Flex very briefly? I've read on other laptops, the battery needs to be removed but I don't think that's an easy task on the Flex.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To power cycle the laptop you should jus tot power it down full and then power it on. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have shut down the power and rebooted. No luck

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think perhaps I may have installed an intel keyboard driver a while back and that may explain why the "samsung exclusive" function keys are no longer responding. Does someone have a download link to the most recent samsung keyboard driver?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Additional info.

The function bottons DO work in chrome so I know there isn't a hardware issue. The Samsung function for these keys (fn1, fn9, fn10, fn11, and fn12) are not working. It must be a driver issue but I'm not sure how to solve it. As far as I know, the samsung setings app is responsible for telling the laptop that these fn keys have a specific Samsung function (wireless power sharing, outdoor mode, etc.). 

When I open the Samsung settings app I am prompted with 

To use the full functions of Samsung Settings, Samsung System Support Service must be installed. Samsung System Support Service is installed through Windows Update.

I noticed that there was a windows update around the same time I noticed my fn keys stop functioning. Could the two be related? Is there any way to make sure the "Samsung System Support Service" is properly installed? It sounds like this may be the issue. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109626/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

View solution in original post