Original topic:

Galaxy Book 3 laptop has a problem PLEASE HELP

(Topic created: 05-12-2023 08:10 PM)
soray123
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Hello,

I'm having problem with my laptop. Please help me.

Suddenly, the screen froze, and there was a strange loud mechanical noise for about 5 minutes. The keyboard was unresponsive, and I couldn't perform a forced shutdown. The noise continued for about 5 to 7 minutes long, and then the device shut down and turned back on by itself. It is now functioning properly. 

I started using this laptop since yesterday(05/11/2023). 

Should I switch to a new one? 

Please help me in resolving this issue. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's really strange it was making that sound and froze. It would be hard to say the exact cause of the issue without a tech looking at it. But if I had to make a guess it seems like something may have gotten stuck in the fan and caused it to overheat. I would recommend getting an exchange for it just in case since you did just recently purchase it. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's really strange it was making that sound and froze. It would be hard to say the exact cause of the issue without a tech looking at it. But if I had to make a guess it seems like something may have gotten stuck in the fan and caused it to overheat. I would recommend getting an exchange for it just in case since you did just recently purchase it.