JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book Flex 15 S-Pen Not Connecting. Fails to connect. Driver fails to install.

(Topic created: 03-08-2021 06:23 AM)
user849bvp9HqS
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I just received this laptop 3 days ago and after updating and making sure all the drivers install and are up to date, I notice the S-Pen always says "Connecting..." in the task bar. I pull out the S-Pen, it opens the air-commands, the button on the pen also opens the air commands. Every time I pull the pen from the garage I get a notification stating "Connection Error, S Pen is not available..." It works with the touchscreen, but I am unable to use the air gestures.

I tried to reinstall the drivers only to find out that it fails in the Samsung Update program, and when I try to download/install it manually, it still does not work. Weirdly enough, it eventually shows that it's updated/installed.

I have even tried to reset the pen in Samsung Settings and it always says "Fails to connect"

I contacted support and was told to return to a service center because it appears to be a software glitch, so I would prefer not to do that. I notice that multiple people are having this issue. My model number is NP950QCG-K01US

I've done a full factory reset, as if I just received this laptop new again, twice, and am still having this issue.

Has anyone found a fix for this? This laptop is beautiful, light, and powerful, but I'm just so frustrated that I paid so much only to not be able to take advantage of what this laptop has to offer. Samsung hasn't seemed to acknowledge this yet so I'm not sure if this is maybe a batch issue or something I should just wait for in an update?

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Edit: Just to add, there have been times where I try to Install the S-Pen drivers through the Samsung Update program, and I would often times get the error message "Installation Failed. Error 502." If that helps at all..

Edit 2: "Installation Failed. Error 502" appears to be due to the laptop not being plugged in for charging while it's updating, because other Samsung apps updated shortly after I plugged it in. 

15 Replies
daddyjo827
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi!  I just bought a Galaxy Book Flex, and the same thing happened to me.  

I noticed I had apps to update from the Samsung Update app.  Instead of letting the installer attempt an auto install of the S pen driver, I chose to download it and run it manually. 

After doing so, I did the same for the Samsung Update app and now my S Pen works.  If you need the installer, I can send it to you.  Let me know!

0 Likes
userNiaGuS86On
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I have this issue also, S Pen connection issues. anyone got a resolution yet?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
user1dGjJ6KqHu
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I did send in my model and serial number. Didn't hear anything back. Why wouldn't Samsung simply respond to some of these threads that are all about the same exact issue? That would be much easier than having thousands of people with the same exact issue constantly contacting Samsung independently don't you think?

Also, none of us want to hear that we need to send our brand new computers, that we just set up with all of our documents/programs etc, back to Samsung. The problem is so wide spread it is almost guaranteed to be in the replacement laptop anyway so that is not a solution.

SAMSUNG, please just respond to one of these threads with a solution. If you don't have a solution then you need to STOP selling the Galaxy Flex line of laptops immediately until you do.

CSI92
Constellation
Options
Computers
I just noticed this issue. I believe if you have your phone connected to your Flex, with it showing the phone screen, I will get the connection error. I believe it's trying to connect to the S Pen, on my phone. I disconnected and I'm not getting connection errors anymore. I also restarted the flex and checked the S Pen in settings and it was showing connected, as well as the battery percentage. If you have your phone connected, this may be the issue.
0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Computers

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes