Original topic:

Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha constant 100% GPU usage/low fps while playing GTA V

(Topic created: 07-29-2021 06:18 PM)
userljkPaZRnRq
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi all,

2 weeks ago, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha, because for what I am planning to use it for, it seemed like a very good laptop. When I was researching the GPU that this laptop has (Intel Iris XE) I found that it is capable of playing GTA V at 1920x1080p medium settings and do around 60fps. But when I play GTA V on this laptop, even if I turn it to bare minimum settings (Low at 800x600p) it still runs at pathetic framerates (sometimes as low as 3fps) and the GPU usage in task manager and other performance monitors shows up as 95-100% usage. I have tried every solution that I have seen online, and the amount of things I have tried to fix this issue would take a really long time for me to type here and I honestly don't feel like doing that right now. I have also already taken this issue to the Intel forums and didn't manage to solve my problem. If I don't find a solution for this before the return period ends, I'm going to have to return this laptop, which is a real shame because it's a very good laptop in every aspect other than the GPU performance. I am very frustrated that I have wasted so much time trying to fix this issue to no avail. If it helps, I will list the specs of the laptop: 

Processor: Intel Core i5-1135G7

RAM: 8GB LPDDR4X

SSD: 256GB NVME SSD

GPU: Intel Iris XE

Display: QLED 1920x1080 13.3 inch

Attached below is a screen capture of a performance monitor I had running while cruising around for 5 minutes in GTA V, with the graphics settings set to low at 1280x720pScreenshot (3).png

2 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Computers
Uninstaller windows driver
Install driver from Samsung
0 Likes
userljkPaZRnRq
Constellation
Options
Computers

I've already done that 4 times, nothing changes.

0 Likes