Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro 15 Fan Noise

(Topic created: 05-18-2021 07:54 AM)
4ry4
Constellation
Options
Computers

Just unboxed my Galaxy Book Pro 15 and it sounds like a small vacuum with just a browser running. The fans just run non-stop. I've updated all drivers with no success. Seems to be more of an issue when plugged in. Any suggestions as to what may be causing the issue?

0 Likes
11 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, Have you tried to reset the unit and or check the vents on your unit. Also, you can try the following troubleshooting steps in the link provided. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109648/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
4ry4
Constellation
Options
Computers

Reset and the vents are clear; fans still seem to be running in overdrive. I have the laptop connected via USB-C to a Samsung Smart Monitor. It seems the fans are running the hardest while plugged in for display and also charging. Is there a way to have display only without charging via USB-C port? 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Just out of curiosity when you first start the computer up from a cold boot then just let it sit on the desktop do the fans still run super high? Also, I know you just purchased it but do you have the laptop in performance mode or battery saving mode? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
4ry4
Constellation
Options
Computers

As soon as I press the power button, the fans kick on and are audible, but not super high. As soon as I plug into my monitor via thunderbolt port, the fans go super high and remain there until the battery is fully charged. The power mode is on Better Battery when unplugged and Better Performance when plugged.  

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Does this occur when you have the device in the better battery mode when plugged up? Since you have in it a better performance that will cause the fans to go higher as it will try and keep the CPU cooled better for better performance. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userF7WO79d86E
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi, I just bought my laptop and I am having the same issues as mentioned above. My fan seems to be on overdrive the whole time. The moment I switched it on, the fan started to run quite high, I though it was just because it was booting up for the first time but the fan keeps running the whole time. I have updated all the software as I thought it was a software thing but in vain. 

I put it in silent mode but the fan runs 99% of the time with light browsing on the internet and the battery is fully charged.

I checked the vents and seem to be clear but very little air seems to be coming air.

Would you have any suggestions on what's causing the issue?

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I am sure this is very frustrating. If the fan is excessively noisy, the unit would require service. If it is new, you may wish to speak with the retailer to see if they can assist you.

0 Likes
4ry4
Constellation
Options
Computers
I never found a solution. My unit's fan continues to run excessively when plugged in. Samsung help offered no help besides asking me to hard reset the computer over and over again. Patiently waiting for a software update to resolve the issue. Otherwise, may have to put in a warranty claim.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Nebula
Options
Computers
Yes, in SS settings you can turn usb charging off.
0 Likes