JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro 360 Problems

(Topic created: 07-22-2021 05:12 PM)
user0id2hjhQIQ
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Hi!  My machine is only 6 weeks old.  When I opened it, I though, Wow!  Beautiful, but the top is so thin and flexible, it seems flimsy.  What I love: the chipset is fast and runs cool.  Great! It hardly ever runs the fan, so quiet and no noise.  But to my horror and for the first time ever in my life, and after only 6 weeks, the computer screen cracked.  Nothing happened to this machine.  I am extremely careful.  I have never broken a screen on any laptop or tablet and only once on a phone.  Has anyone else had this problem.  Now, I'm scared to move it!  This is only my second Samsung product.  Ten years ago, I bought an expensive Samsung TV -- within a month it's light burned out and their repairman replaced it, but the cabinet never stayed together again.  I have to tape it with packing tape.  Yikes. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Dahabms
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have 13.3  and just cracked suddenly and used with care as well

rayjj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

My daughter just told me the same thing on her 15" model.  Has to be some sort of defect with this many complaints.  

userlQv1VSQapE
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Mine is a 15" just got it 3 months ago, I either use it at my desk and then in my super cushy laptop case. I open it today and it has a hair line crack on the upper right side. Out of all the laptops I have owned this is my first Samsung one and the first one to ever have a cracked screen. Seems to me this is a factory issue and we should not have to pay to fix it after what we paid for these laptops.

uservXQHLbyQMU
Astronaut
Options
Computers

My screen has also cracked out of nowhere today. I have been very careful with it too, no drops or bumps. It wasn't cracked this morning and when I went to use it this afternoon there is a crack from the bottom right all the way through the screen 😞 I have the 13" version

usere44fK63xil
Constellation
Options
Computers

My screen also cracked.  Never been dropped, right down the middle.  It was in a padded backpack between my ipad and Galaxy book Pro (Old one that was a tablet and computer).  Neither of the other devices had an issue and this computer was handled with care. I really hope they are going to do something about this.  I can still use the computer, and when you look straight on you can barely notice it.  The issue is when you look from the side or try to use it as a tablet.  The other issue is that the crack will surely expand over time.  I have the larger version of this.  I have the 15.6 screen size with all upgrades possible.  Samsung, please repair these.  I just spent 1400 on this thing, I shouldn't have to spend another $400 on a screen a month after purchasing it!

userRHcT2Uhzaa
Constellation
Options
Computers

Bought my 15.6 book pro 360 straight from Samsung website and screen cracked after 45 days of light use.  Called Samsung and they told me that it would not be covered under warranty, but send it in.  Once they got it, their tech team called and said it would be $409 to replace the screen.  I was real heated, so I made a bunch of phone calls to Samsung to receive the same outcome in the end.  Pay or they will send it back to me as is.  I have been a long time advocate for Samsung starting with my first purchase of the "SKYROCKET" phone.  Then bought every single note and galaxy phone that came after that.  Paying full retail out of pocket straight from their website everytime.  So I feel some kind of way when they cant take care of my manufacture defective screen on a $1500 computer that is only 45 days old.  Any way...as soon as it comes back to me from tech team it will be going on EBAY!!  I will lose almost a full $1000 on this transaction...SUPER **bleep** SAMSUNG!!! *****NOTE --- it was by far one of the best performing Samsung devices that i ever owned in these last 10 years of purchases*****

userb27k7jwA0M
Constellation
Options
Computers

+1   I have had the machine for about a month, bought directly from Samsung.  This morning there was a long crack from the bottom to the right edge of the screen.  Nothing has been done to the laptop other than opening and closing.  **bleep** to here Samsung won't stand behind these premium machines.  

Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

I understand the frustrations and would be happy to look into this further.  Has the device already been sent in to a service center?  If so, could you send me a private message with any transaction numbers that you may have?  You can click my name and send me a private message that way or you can use this link http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
rayjj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

How can we have this taken care of before shelling out more money on an already expensive machine?  I have been holding off sending it in because I am just so **bleep** off that no one seems to be getting any satisfaction on a clear defect.

usere44fK63xil
Constellation
Options
Computers

They are a complete scam! They reached out to me on this form after i commented on it.  They told me they would repair the screen since everybody was having issues.  I sent it back, they held it for a week and then called me after not touching it for a week and I was told Samsung instructed them not to repair it.  This was after Samsung initiated contact with me, instructed me to send it back knowing the issue.  The repair center even acknowledged that my computer was brand new, never been dropped.  It cracked when I simply opened the screen of the laptop.  There is absolutely no damage anywhere on my computer, because It was never dropped.  Anyway, if they reach out to you, all they are doing is tying your computer up for 2 weeks and then they will send it back to you as it was when you shipped it.  Why would they even have reached out to me on here and asked me to send it back is beyond me.  Absolute horrid customer service and I hope we all get to have a class action suit against them when more people experience this issue.  DO NOT TRUST SAMSUNG IF THEY CLAIM THEY WILL HELP YOU.  I can tell you now, it is just  a waste of time.  Best of all, the person that picked  me out from this blog, has not responded in over a week to me asking why they would do this to me.  Prior to shipping it, she replied 3 times a day!