JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro 360 - screen cracked without any misuse

(Topic created: 03-08-2022 07:07 PM)
userLg834UFPGj
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Crack right across the screen. Product seems to have a design flaw. I purchased the 15' screen version in Nov 21 and have only used on the desk in my home office. Opened the laptop yesterday and found a crack across the screen. I went back to the retailer and was informed that it is highly unlikely it will be repaired by warranty. Very disappointed. Would be pleased to receive a reply from Samsung on this as there are many others who have had same issue with this model.

34 Replies
userSqbshavRL5
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi, 

I also have the same problems as you. Mine is a Samsung Galaxy book Pro 15 inches, buy on 2021. No drop action or hit anything to the screen. It automatically cracks itself. Maybe by the weather (cold-hot) or somehow which not caused by the human). The screen still works fine, the touch screen also works great. Look like this crack is on the top cover glass (the bad quality glass). I don`t know will Samsung will take the warranty on it or not.

if I have to pay $400 to fix this glass as you..., I will just live with it and said goodbye to Samsung Book. 

Robuh
Astronaut
Options
Computers
I just noticed the hairline crack on mine as well, always kept it in a laptop bag
user5sUAvY07w3
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I just had the same problem. Customer support says I have to pay for the repair since it is a physical damage, and basically they consider that my fault.

It's clearly a design problem: cover material is too thin, so it bends easily and it has a little jump between the space bar and the touch screen, that is where usually crackes.

It is one month and a half old, I never used it as a tablet and never used the pen. It cracked just by transporting it in my cushioned backpack.

BTW, if you pay the repair, they replace the parts with the same ones, so it will happen again. Basically if you want to avoid screen to crack, you need to use it as a desktop. Forget about transporting it , tablet, touch screen or pen features.

I'm really **bleep** and I will join any of you in a collective action lawsuit.

user0geJjGii8u
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I, too, have the 15" version and just today noticed a perfectly straight diagonal crack running the length of the screen. I have never traveled with the laptop and only once used it in tablet mode. I also have never dropped the machine. This is beyond disappointing and could point to a design flaw in the device. My advice is to not buy the Galaxy Book 360 15" version, as a cracked screen has too negative of an impact on a laptop's daily use.

userPOYdmWiN85
Constellation
Options
Computers

Same here - We generally take very good care of our devices - do not have a single laptop in the house with a cracked screen and this one has a strange crack dead center in the screen spiraling out to the corners.  It seems the way the lid closes is very tight to the bezel - ie. it could have been designed better and there could be rubber grommets or a small gap between the screen and the base when the lid is closed.  I wonder if some of us are getting small objects (even dirt or a pebble/lego/etc could do it) between the body and the screen and the lid closing from there causes the damage?

Doesn't seem like a great design - too bad: NP950QDB-KA1US

Would not recommend at this point - does Samsung offer some sort of extended warranty for this scenario?