Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro Battery Life - Windows 11

(Topic created: 11-26-2021 08:33 AM)
user5osSVWWSmj
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi all,

I have the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro i7 - aside from the linking benefits that work alongside my phone, one of the main things that drew me to this one was the excellent battery life.

I purchased this around 6 months ago with windows 10 installed and the battery has always been great with around 8-10 hours from a full charge, I've even made sure to only plug it in when needed and not leave it plugged in when recharged. However, since updating to WINDOWS 11 around 10 days ago I have noticed a sharp deterioration in the battery life, now often only getting around 4-5 hours from full charge.

I have not used my laptop any differently than I used to and the only difference is the operating system. I thought at first that maybe the update had changed some settings inadvertently but I can't locate any that have changed.

Any help to resolve this would be much appreciated. 

4 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Good afternoon. I understand that a loss of battery life can be frustrating. I am marking your post for my engineers to investigate. I have also seen a lot of feedback in the Microsoft forums regarding this issue, and I recommend that you also provide feedback to them, as this is an issue in the update. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Members_Bm4a505
Constellation
Options
Computers

I'll be following this thread since I recently purchased Galaxy Book 360 Pro with Windows 11 pre-installed. The battery life from a full charge seems to be around 6-8 hours, with no CPU-intensive applications running and the power mode set to "Best Power Efficiency". While not unacceptable, it's certainly a lot less than I was expecting. I'm not sure if there is an issue with my model or if it's a problem with Windows 11. I've updated my Windows build and all my drivers. I'm currently running OS Build 22000.348.

Please keep us posted if you find out anything new, @SamsungLou . Is this issue still being tracked by the Samsung engineering team?

0 Likes
Members_Bm4a505
Constellation
Options
Computers

Also, I generated a battery report by running `powercfg /batteryreport` on the command prompt. I can't attach files here, but I'd be happy to share it with you if that would be helpful. I'll also try and report the issue to Microsoft support. 

0 Likes
user7bdVgCMP9n
Constellation
Options
Computers

I also bought this laptop model for windows 11. The working time is 4-5 hours on simple programs. Such a difference with the stated 20 hours is simply unacceptable. This is essentially misleading the buyer. I think Samsung should recognize the problem and give an official explanation to the buyers of this laptop. In the event that the problem is not solved in subsequent updates and the operating time does not reach at least 10 hours, this product will not be able to meet my requirements as a buyer, and I will regard the declared 20 hours of work from Samsung as misleading the buyer.

0 Likes