Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro Display Issue

(Topic created: 05-17-2021 05:22 PM)
Belabour
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I have just received brand new Galaxy Book Pro.

And looks like there is an issue with the display. 

When the display turned off or there is a black colored picture, you can see those bluish spots all over the display.

Is it kind of normal or should I go to nearby samsung asking to replace the laptop? 

P.S. laptop itself works perfect.

20210517_124741.jpg

20210517_124748.jpg

  

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Can you tell me where the laptop was purchased?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Belabour
Astronaut
Options
Computers
Online via samsung official web-site.
I have just checked several other galaxy book pro laptops in physical store.
2 15" pro laptops had similar issues, but not that terrible.
2 13" pro laptops had pretty much clear display.

All 13" and 15" pro 360 laptops I checked had perfect displays.

In the end I bought 360 version and going to send back "defective" one.
0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I am glad to hear that you have resolved your issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_dowYjg7
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hello, I am having the same issue with my brand new Galaxy Book Pro 15.  I purchased the item from someone brand new factory sealed and do not have the original purchase receipt as the person got it as a gift.  Is it possible to have the pc repaired/replaced for free under warranty even though I don't have the original receipt?

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Good afternoon. The warranty will only cover the laptop for the original owner. I can only provide out of warranty service for you.

0 Likes
Samsung_dowYjg7
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hello, I am having the same issue with my brand new Galaxy Book Pro 15.  I purchased the item from someone brand new factory sealed and do not have the original purchase receipt as the person got it as a gift.  Is it possible to have the pc repaired/replaced for free under warranty even though I don't have the original receipt?

0 Likes