JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro WIFI 6E Compatible?

(Topic created: 10-30-2021 06:23 PM)
Johnnyz31
Constellation
Options
Computers

I just bought the Galaxy Book Pro 15inch. Samsung website says WIFI 6E supported but I couldn't see the 6GHz wifi SSID of my router on my Galaxy Book Pro. My Galaxy S21 Ultra has no issue connected to my router through WIFI 6E on the 6GHz. 

6 Replies
GratefulInco
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have the same issue on Galaxy Book Pro 360 15 inch.  The NetGear WiFi 6E SSID is being broadcast, but the Book does not see it.  And if I manually add the 6E SSID in Windows Wi-Fi Settings "Manage Known Networks", my Book Pro still fails to connect.  Wondering if anyone can connect their Book Pro to a WiFi 6E network?

Members_IMrejtU
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have galaxy book pro 360  with same wifi 6e issue! any solution???

0 Likes
Lherisson
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have the same problem. The Wi-Fi card is Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz, so it should work .

I wonder if it is because I have SSID aggregation enabled and am letting router choose best network?

0 Likes
Solution
Members_IMrejtU
Constellation
Options
Computers

Just updated the "windows 11 cumulative update patch" this morning, and now I can find my wifi 6E 6 GHz SSID and able to connect without any problem.

Lherisson
Constellation
Options
Computers

Thank you Constellation!

I am able to connect now as well.

0 Likes
user4AO1qrD0uk
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Bringing back up an old topic.  i recently bought a Linksys Hydra router that supports wifi 6e.  Samsung Galaxy Ultra 22 and my Samsung galaxy Tab 8+ can both connect to the 6 Ghz band.  After resetting the network, reinstalling the driver 50 times, firmware updates, I found that it's much more simple.  the 2.45.1.1 driver version is the only driver that has support for Wi-Fi 6e/6Ghz band.  The driver versions after that all have the functionality REMOVED.  Even if you allow the driver update from Samsung, it's not a modified driver and simply installs the Microsoft driver and breaks wi-fi 6e.  Uninstall the new versions, then rescan for hardware changes until you get to the oldest version, then install the ver 2.45.1.1.  It seems Microsoft wants to migrate everyone to Windows 11, but it's been so buggy for me on my desktop that I won't until it's improved significantly.   Hope this helps someone.

0 Likes