Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro - unable to apply AMOLED firmware update

(Topic created: 06-02-2021 04:28 PM)
dirkpitt73
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Love my new Galaxy Book Pro 13.3, but am running into an issue with Samsung Update.  It says there is an AMOLED firmware update available, but whenever I try to apply it, I get an error message saying either "Cannot check firmware version" or "The firmware update did not complete".  Screenshots attached.  I've run all of the other Samsung updates and Windows updates fine.  I'm not having any issues with the laptop, but would like to find out what is going on.  I have restarted at least a dozen times (Samsung Update requires it before it will load again) and it always fails.

Screenshot 2021-05-21 101536 - Copy.pngScreenshot 2021-05-25 141639 - Copy.png

0 Likes
17 Replies
ArtDesk
Galaxy
Options
Computers
Go to windows store and see if there is an update for the updater app
0 Likes
dirkpitt73
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Yes, thought of that - no updates to Samsung Update unfortunately.  I have to think it's the app or whatever the "version checking" thing is where it fails.

0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Computers

so you searched for your device model and selected AMOLED firmware update? 

doesn't it show "This model can be supported through a Windows Update." when you open Samsung Update? I don't see an AMOLED firmware update. 

0 Likes
dirkpitt73
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

It shows up as an available update in Samsung Update:

ss1.png

When you click into it says:

ss2.png

When I click Update, it says Version Checking with a not moving bar and then fails and says restart required:

ss3.png

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I recommend calling in to 800-726-7864, and ask the agent to remote connect to your device for assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
dirkpitt73
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
Tried that, they did basically same thing I'm doing remotely. Still won't update. They said to call and take it to a service center? It's not causing problems so guess will leave it as is. Might try a fresh reinstall. I'm convinced it's a Samsung Update issue.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Galaxy
Options
Computers
Try see if Microsoft store has a update for the app.
0 Likes
dirkpitt73
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

No luck there, I check daily.  Samsung Update hasn't been updated in some time.  Hoping an update fixes what ever is going on, I really don't want to have to reset everything (and then have same thing happen).  Seems like there should be a way for me to manually check the current version and apply an update, but not sure how.

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Galaxy
Options
Computers
Most of the problems occur with Windows 10 updates. A manufacturer can have a functioning product but the minute Windows layers its sloppy code on top, the problems start.
0 Likes