Galaxy Book S 8cx

Hi,

i unable to install Windows 10 version 2004, it keep reverting to old version

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Book S 8cx

Oh no!  Are you getting any error messages when you attempt to install?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

yes, Blue screen of death (BSOD) while restarting, reverting to older version, are you able tp upgrade it? 

Maybe i just wait finalize version. I Saw in the website, many error occure for version 2004.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes it seems Samsung is not up to par with the driver updates.  I have two failed installs, after the second one I ran SetupDiag here's the results:

Error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found.
Last Phase = Finalize
Last Operation = Remove System Restore checkpoints
Error = 0xC1900101-0x30018

After looking up that error code with microsoft:

0xC1900101 - 0x30018Disconnect all peripheral devices that are connected to the system, except for the mouse, keyboard and display.
Contact your hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers.
Ensure that "Download and install updates (recommended)" is accepted at the start of the upgrade process.

So it seems Samsung isn't very good at updating it's drivers for these Qualcomm 8cx laptops.  I can't even run Samsung Update on my ARM Galaxy Book S.  Just buy from a manufacturer that supports it's products.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Microsoft pushes to install it now, even i'm not in the windows insider program, and it failed again, the error still same as you. it better to wait until it really push to install, instead optional to install.