JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book S - Recovery image or install ISO for Windows 10 aarch64 / arm64

(Topic created: 02-23-2021 02:35 PM)
CHUWANT
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I find that there's no way to conduct a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Galaxy Book S (came with Windows 10 Home).  Microsoft doesn't offer an ARM64 distribution iso and there's no "Recovery Image" on the initial hard disk as it's partitioned.

Can I receive (even pay) for a USB disk from Samsung please? I am on an Insider build and wish to re-install Windows. But if anything goes wrong with the Windows installation, I'll have a bricked device.

Please help...thanks...

SM-W767VZAAVZW

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

You can create a backup ISO of your current installation using the Windows Backup utility in Settings>Update & Security.

0 Likes
Solution
bozzb33
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

The only solution is to send it to a Samsung repair center since it's running ARM. That is what Samsung advised me when I went through this same situation

0 Likes
CHUWANT
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Thanks. Will look into it.
0 Likes
userUWt41iGwTi
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Did you get it fix ? I’m in the same boat.... and it’s frustrating 

0 Likes
MichaelZurich
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi, I have the same problem. The service center must have the ISO file. Why does Samsung not offer a download of the ISO file???

0 Likes
bozzb33
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Who knows. According to Microsoft, windows s mode is the issue
0 Likes
userkM2IPABX7C
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem. Windows is broken and does not boot anymore. Factory reset did not work, the Samsung support does not know anything about this device and even the repair center sent the device back to me with the reason "the device works as expected".

Where can I download a factory image? This device is such a nightmare!

0 Likes
MichaelZurich
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi there, i had the same problem and tried to get a ISO image from Samsung support without any success. I have to say it is a real shame how they handle this but anyways.

I found a fix to reinstall a clean Windows 10 again. you need to do the following;

• Go to the Windows Surface pro X support side and download the respective ARM Iso
  • Install the Surface pro X image on the Galaxy book S
  • Now you will have a mess with the drivers. 4G and Wifi are not working but bluetooth works.
  • Again Samsung support did not provide and drivers. the only way i was able to load them was to connect my Iphone via Bluetooth and access the Internet via Access point.
  • Then i could run the Windows update function and the missing drivers were loaded

I hope this helps you to get out of this misery.

Best regars,

Michael

userN0dJD24tzC
Constellation
Options
Tablets

requires surface serial number.....how did you get around that?

0 Likes