cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Book S will not update

Samsung does not offer it's update software for the Galaxy Book S, but instead directs you to use Windows Update. Windows Update now only returns errors when attempting to apply downloaded updates. Has Samsung addressed this issue, if so how, if not, how do I bring this to their attention in order for the situation to be resolved? This machine is almost brand new, but I cannot believe I am the only one who is frustrated by the level of support with what (I believe) to be a fairly crucial issue. Anyone experiencing the same issue & if so, have you found a "fix?" Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Book S will not update

@Used2baFan wrote:

Samsung does not offer it's update software for the Galaxy Book S, but instead directs you to use Windows Update. Windows Update now only returns errors when attempting to apply downloaded updates. Has Samsung addressed this issue, if so how, if not, how do I bring this to their attention in order for the situation to be resolved? This machine is almost brand new, but I cannot believe I am the only one who is frustrated by the level of support with what (I believe) to be a fairly crucial issue. Anyone experiencing the same issue & if so, have you found a "fix?" Thanks!

it happens to me occasionally on my windows 10 laptop (not samsung).

1) make sure the update service is running.    Windows Key + R then type services.msc + enter.

2) run the sfc and dism utilities in shell (administrator mode)  as shown below.

dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth sfc /scannow