Original topic:

Galaxy Book3 Ultra - Severe lag and then Blue screen of dead after waking up with an application using external graphic cards

(Topic created: a week ago)
qwanghung
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi all and best greetings,

I'm owning a Galaxy Book3 Ultra, i7/RTX 4050.

I have an issue where:

• I have my Figma Beta program running with high graphic performance ( I set it up in Windows Settings app
    qwanghung_2-1726939529411.png
  • I have my Performance set to Optimized (untouched from the factory settings)
    qwanghung_3-1726939574725.png
  • Every SINGLE time I was doing design in Figma Beta, especially when the tasks were heavy, and put the laptop to sleep, the next 15-20 minutes waking the machine up, it stutters like crazy. The lag is too much it's really hard to operate anything. And if I could not close Figma Beta in the next 2 minutes after waking the machine up, it prompted this BSOD with the code VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

z5846226405144_000a97fbd655e3c81c55b6ad48af1784.jpg

Does any body know how to tackle this? I tried turning off High performance for Figma Beta then every thing was fine, but what's the point of getting this machine if I cannot do graphics tasks with the external graphics card?

Please help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
Computers
Think you answered half the fix turning off high graphics I would think the graphics card isn't able to work with it or has a high cpu other t thing yo check cpu
0 Likes
qwanghung
Constellation
Options
Computers

Yeah but like I said I bought this laptop for the GPU too so not being able to use it doesn't justify my purchase. Also I never had this issue with previous Windows laptops with external GPU.

0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Computers
Not sure but seems the GPU is causing a issue and either not being recognized or not compatible for some reason that I can't figure out
0 Likes