Original topic:

Galaxy Chromebook Touchpad Locks Up Again

(Topic created: 05-30-2021 09:29 AM)
Moushigo
Constellation
Options
Computers

I read some posts here 3 weeks ago about the touchpad locking up randomly after a few minutes and following a hard reset or power off it resets the touchpad. I did these for a week or so before it became worse that you'd have to hard reset it every 3-5 minutes to fix the problem. 

After this I reached out to Samsung Support for help and they suggested to powerwash and said I did it already along with hard reset. After this I tried to file a support case to have them check the Galaxy Chromebook for issues.

Two weeks ago I sent in the Chromebook to Samsung and have since gotten in back after 4 days. The service center mentioned they could not find anything wrong with the Chromebook and I was frustrated because it's random and I knew this could happen where you could not replicate the bug and working in the tech industry these are the worse kinds of bugs you can explain to QA.

So I'm posting here in the Samsung Community to see if anyone can please continue helping me to at least fix my Chromebook as I think the Service Center does not do extended testing just to fix an issue.

I have a video of the issue showing the touchpad locking up and after closing the lid and waiting for the LED on the right side of the Chromebook it fixes the issue.

2 Replies
userCK5jJcxB5F
Constellation
Options
Computers

I would like to second this and say I am also experiencing this issue. It works fine for a few minutes after boot but then it locks up and it unusable until it is reset. 

SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110976/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes