JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Chromebook touchpad not working

(Topic created: 10-30-2020 09:45 AM)
useratcQumQda1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

The touchpad on my Galaxy Chromebook starting going crazy and now it just will not work. I have powerwashing it and it still does not work. Any suggestions?

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers
responsiveness on your Samsung Chromebook can be caused by several factors, such as software and drivers that are in need of updates, or if there are any issues with your account. No matter what particular touchpad issue is occurring, there is an easy way to fix it in most cases.
0 Likes
useratcQumQda1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

The problem seems to be that it overheats when charging causing the unit to freeze up.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
noodleHEAD
Constellation
Options
Computers

I just purchased a galaxy chromebook and did an update after I was done setting it up. Haven't had the device for a week yet and I'm having the same problem with the touchpad and the overheating. Not a good experience so far.

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Jdhernandez
Constellation
Options
Computers

I'm having the same issue! I bought mine in early October and it worked just fine for about 2 weeks before the cursor started giving me trouble.

I spoke to support on facebook and did everything they suggested and it didn't work. I opened a repair request and sent my chromebook in for a week and it came back saying they found no issue but it's still there!

I can use the trackpad just fine for a while, but it inevitably becomes jumpy and unresponsive after a bit of use.  I have to leave it shut down for a few hours before it becomes responsive again. It's driving me crazy, i've only had it for a bit over a month. 

userUhdGtXrrYQ
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I also got mine in October, and it was fine until just a couple weeks ago. A restart fixes the issue temporarily, but then the cursor eventually acts like it's possessed again, and only a restart will return it to normal again.  VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

I can still use a bluetooth mouse just fine, either before or after it starts freaking out.  It's specific to the touchpad.

userIIKgiQWiFd
Constellation
Options
Computers

I already had my trackpad replaced once because of this, and now it's starting to happen again. Did anyone get a fix that went beyond replacing the trackpad?

Shame because I really like the computer otherwise!

user5p70M6rP9w
Constellation
Options
Computers

@useratcQumQda1 wrote:

The touchpad on my Galaxy Chromebook starting going crazy and now it just will not work. I have powerwashing it and it still does not work. Any suggestions?