Original topic:

Galaxy book 12 refusing to charge after a bit over a year and a half of light use

(Topic created: 08-17-2021 12:59 PM)
userRxcFOyKdf7
Astronaut
Options
Computers

My Galaxy book 12 2 in 1 machine was previously having charging problems where it wouldn't increase in battery percentage over a certain point, even if left charging while off and with having nothing besides the charger connected to it. This problem came up suddenly, and without provocation, but I didn't have the money to fix it at the time, so I  left it. More recently I've been looking into it some, and now it won't charge at all. The battery indicator on the task bar displays a fully charged battery, but if I dethatch it from the cable for even a moment; it shuts off and won't want to turn back on. Even if on the charger, it has to sit for a long time before allowing itself the chance to boot up. I've reset it to factory settings to see if it could have somehow been a driver issue where it was misreading the battery level or something. But now I'm fairly confident it's the battery itself, which died early this year. My question is how would I find the correct parts number to buy a replacement battery, and how would I go about taking apart the machine to replace the faulty battery? And is there any chance it could currently be under warranty still?

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Hello, I apologize for the issue your having with the Galaxy book 12. You will need to contact J&J international at 1-800-627-4368 for any part information you would need and also Samsung recommends you have the product serviced by a technician. However when or if you contact J&J international you can ask them about purchasing the service manual *if available* to assist with you servicing the product yourself if that is what your wanting. You can send the full model and serial number in a private message here to check your warranty if your interested: https://bit.ly/3lVQyQ2.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes