Original topic:

Galaxy book flex 2 alpha - s pen? Support says it comes with it, but it doesn't

(Topic created: 05-22-2021 04:20 PM)
AlyssaRoxanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
In the manual it shows that there is a Samsung active pen that is sold separately, but I can't find it. Can you guys help? Customer service was less than helpful. Told me twice that it does indeed come with a pen, when I know it does not.
17 Replies
usercoxe3Qaxpx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

Please see my email threads from 2020 addressing this topic. I don't think Samsung has changed their approach...

0 Likes
AlyssaRoxanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
Thanks but the galaxy pro and flex 2 alpha use different digitizers. Pro is AES and alpha is EMR. I just wanted to know what pen Samsung has that is compatible, since the manual says "active pen - sold separately"
AlyssaRoxanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
I'm half asleep and pretty sure I mixed up which are EMR/AES and too lazy to look. But either way, digitizers are not the same
0 Likes
ThereseSoul
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Alpha owner here. It does not work, as I have tried it. I ordered a third party active pen from Amazon called "RENAISSER Stylus for Surface". This is the one that works for me, but there are others too from different brands. I am not affiliated with this. I think anything that might work for a Microsoft Surface will work on the Alpha. 

0 Likes
AlyssaRoxanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
Do you have the flex 2 alpha or the alpha?
0 Likes
userkpymHPn1qF
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I have the same question and Customer Service said the S Pen does work with the Flex2 Alpha, but it doesn't come with one.  I have an S Pen from my Samsung Tablet, another from my Note 10, and another from an older Note phone and none work.  Does Samsung ever reply to these threads?

AlyssaRoxanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
No I don't think they care and the multiple customer service representatives I talked to didn't have any answers for me either. I ended up ordering the Wacom Bamboo Ink Plus though and it works great.
userFXrhSltSdX
Constellation
Options
Computers
Thank you! I really appreciate you sharing what works for you. It's disappointing that Samsung isn't taking the lead in assisting it's customers.
Danther
Constellation
Options
Computers
Hi! Flex 2 Alpha owner here! I spent 30 mins with my cashier at Best Buy looking for it in the sku log. We even tried using our Note pens on the display model to no success.. Whatever "Active Pen" they were referring to is not even being made as much anymore, and even harder to find stock of. Amazon has it for $30 but I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning it if it didn't work out. It looks like the latest Wacom Bamboo Ink, which I went with instead at the store, and am super happy with.
0 Likes