Original topic:

Galaxy book flex alpha gets hot when in sleep mode

(Topic created: 07-07-2021 07:42 AM)
user7NVmjSPtc0
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hello. As of a month or 2 now, I've had issues with the laptop going to sleep. First it wouldn't go to sleep, I think I have that somewhat working. But the issue I have is when on battery and it goes to sleep, it gets hot on the underside. The Fan kicks into high gear to cool it and when I go to turn it on, it won't turn on. It's stuck on black screen, fan on. The only way to get it to turn back on is to hold the power button to force turn off, hear the fan stop, and then turn it back on. So far this has not happen when its plugged in although I've left it on a stand in sleep overnight and come back to it in the morning, it's in sleep, the bottom is pretty warm and the fan is going fairly strong, even though its not being used. Any ideas.

0 Likes
2 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Computers

not sure what might be causing the issue, but have you tried reporting the issue to Samsung Members?

If you haven't I would suggest you try it after reproducing the issue

SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I understand this is frustrating. Have you checked to see what apps are running in the background? Is the laptop in a case, or on a soft surface, when it goes to sleep? Check the Windows resource monitor to see if there are any systems or apps with unusually high run times.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes