JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy book ion 13.3" ram upgrade Questions

(Topic created: 10-17-2020 12:08 PM)
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Computers

I have read conflicting information about the ability to add more ram to the ion 13.3". I bought mine assuming that I could add more ram. I saw a post on Best buy saying that you could and then others saying only the 15.6 can be upgraded???

I would really like to know before I buy and open up the bottom panel just to see it soldered and no slot?? I would return this and get the 15.6 model if I can't upgrade the ram.

5 Replies
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers

Good afternoon @Abhaya71 from what I've seen; the RAM is only upgradable in the 15.6 version of the Book Ion, and not the 13.3 inch version. 

So if you're using programs that require more memory on the machine itself I'd definitely consider going with the 15.6 version anyway. 

0 Likes
Solution
Abhaya71
Comet
Options
Computers

Just so this information is accurate and available for others I went to Samsung support. Had to try two times in technical support before I could find someone who could answer me but the correct answer is YES. 

You can upgrade the ram in one slot and add an extra ssd as well! 

The 13.3" galaxy book ion is capable of memory and ssd upgrade!!! Thank you Samsung! 

corb06
Asteroid
Options
Computers

No you are wrong. You can not upgrade ram on the 13,3 Galaxy Book ION. Ram is soldered on.

Only the 15 inch has upgradeable slot and even an extra m.2 slot.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers
There is so little information out there about the 13.3 inch Ion. Abhaya did you purchase and upgrade the 13.3 inch version?
0 Likes
Members_vrIWmg5
Constellation
Options
Computers

Thanks for this, as I've heard conflicting info too. Did you order it and if so was it indeed upgradeable?