cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

HMD Odyssey+ suddenly not compatible with USB controller

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, recently I've suddenly been able to not use my headset because the usb controller is suddenly not recognized on my computer. Specifically, when I launch the Windwos Mixed Reality Portal, it gives me error 7-13 and says: "Your headset is connected to an incompatible USB controller." It has worked just fine with the same ports up until now. I've tried this with multiple computers and it yields the same error every time, leading me to believe it is a problem with the device itself rather than my computer. Also, when looking in device manager, the headset reads an error as follows: "Device Error : 0x80040209 : E_DEVICE_NO_TIMESYNC_DATA" The cable does not appear to be damaged in any way. Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HMD Odyssey+ suddenly not compatible with USB controller

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, Verify that the HDMI cable is properly connected to the HDMI port of the computer.
Remove the USB 3.0 cable and the HDMI cable from the computer. Reconnect the USB 3.0 cable first, and then the HDMI cable.
Verify that the monitor and the HMD Odyssey appear in Device Manager.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, Verify that the HDMI cable is properly connected to the HDMI port of the computer.
Remove the USB 3.0 cable and the HDMI cable from the computer. Reconnect the USB 3.0 cable first, and then the HDMI cable.
Verify that the monitor and the HMD Odyssey appear in Device Manager.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Although I have certainly tried this before, it appears to have worked, kind of. Setting up WMR ended up being tedious as the tracking would be lost simply drawing a boundary, but now when I load into the Mixed Reality Portal, I end up with only being able to see my boundary and hear audio. Tracking seems to be functional but otherwise everything is black, but the display is working just fine.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: Suddenly the headset has returned to normal function. I do not understand what happened to it or how it is suddenly working again, but it apprears to be functional once more.