How to get letters back, which mysteriously disappeared from my abandoned mail.

Astronaut

How to get letters back, which mysteriously disappeared from my abandoned mail.

Recently I remembered about my old account in Outlook and my interesting correspondence. But I could not find several letters in the Inbox. My interlocutor changed the address long ago and can’t send it to me again. I see an error message - close Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the "Restore Folders" tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and fix errors in the file. How can I receive my letters, because I didn’t delete them exactly.

3 REPLIES
Supernova

Re: How to get letters back, which mysteriously disappeared from my abandoned mail.

I would recommend reaching out to Outlook directly. 

Astronaut

Re: How to get letters back, which mysteriously disappeared from my abandoned mail.

Backing up all Quick Steps

To create a backup of your Quick Steps, use repair ost file:

1. Open MFCMAPI.
  2. Accept any dialog prompts to get to the main window of MFCMAPI.
  3. Choose: Session-> Logon…
  4. Select the mail profile for which you want to backup its Quick Steps. If you are unfamiliar with this dialog, simply press OK.
  5. In the top-part of MFCMAPI you should now see all your configured mailboxes and connected pst-files. Double click on the the mailbox for which you want to backup the Quick Steps.
  6. In the Navigation Pane on the left, expand the folder list called “Root – Mailbox” or “Root Container”.
  7. Expand the folder list called “Top Information Store”, “IPM_SUBTREE” or “Top of Outlook data file”.
  8. You should now see a folder called: Quick Step Settings. Right click on it and choose: Export folder-> As MSG files.
  9. Enable both “Save associated items” and “Save as Unicode MSG”.
  10. Press OK.
  11. Use the Browse For Folder dialog to select a location to store your Quick Steps to. As each Quick Step will be stored as an individual msg-file, it might be wise to create a new folder for it.
  12. Click OK to start the Export process.
  13. Close all open dialogs to close MFCMAPI or repeat steps 5 to 12 for any other mailbox that you have configured in Outlook and wish to backup the Quick Steps for.

ref: http://www.msoutlook.info/question/backup-and-restore-quick-steps

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Great explanation! Thanks.

Marjan