JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Installing OS on new Galaxy Book 3 Pro - Hardware not available

(Topic created: 05-29-2023 09:16 AM)
onweerwolf
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I installed a fresh Win Pro 11 on my Galaxy Book 3 Pro. However the soundcard, ethernet and keypad aren't working and I cannot access other hardware either. Like change the refresh rate on the display or access disk management.

Anyone know what's up?

It all works fine on the pre installed OS.

13 Replies
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Computers
Hi. So since you did a fresh install, you need to install the drivers. You can google how to do this, but I'll give you a quick rundown of what you'll need to do. A phone, or a USB stick would be necessary. If you have an extra computer use the usb and download all the required drivers. (Drivers are commonly provided by manufacturers. Just look around.) Then put the usb into your laptop and use a wired mouse to navigate the OS. You can also use a wired keyboard if needed. If you don't have a USB use your phone, download the required drivers and get a cable that's capable of transferring data. Once the drivers are installed, connect the phone to the laptop via said cable. Then use the wired mouse to access your phones storage and transfer the drivers to your computers files system. I put mine in the downloads folder. Use the mouse again and double click each driver, or you can find the driver manager and press add drivers. It will ask to search automatically for available drivers on your system, or if you'd like to do it manually. Pick the automatic option and it should work fine. If not, the. Just manually do it. There's tons of tutorials on how to do so.
And that's it pretty much. Get the wifi, keyboard, and mouse drivers. That's really all you need for the moment. Once those are done, connect to your router and go into windows settings and find updates. It should show a lot of drivers ready to be downloaded. Then just install those and let the computer update a few times. Then you should be fine. I had to do this with my laptop after windows got corrupted. Hope everything goes well, and I hope this helps.
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Computers
You should have requested service instead, since new Samsung laptops run One UI Book 5.1 instead of just stock Windows 11, and when you do a clean install, it voids the warranty.
Onweerwolf1
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Not sure what you mean by "requested service".  I mailed Samsung directly and got some pointless link to a generic online install tutorial that didn't tell me anything. I also mailed the store and got no other reply than "we are busy".

I don't know what "One UI Book 5.1" is and I don't care. I also don't care about pre-installed Windows or any other pre-installed nonsense. 

Your suggestion that to install your own software on hardware that you bought would somehow break warranty on said hardware is ridiculous. At least in my country a judge would laugh hard at a store before telling them to go  themselves if they refused warranty repair or replacement because of faulty hardware if a consumer installed something that didn't came in the box. That's just preposterous. Warranty is always two years by law on any product. What Samsung does or does not want to offer after that is up to them.

This laptop has been returned and refunded long ago and replaced by an ASUS Zenbook S 13, which is much better than the Galaxy Book Pro. I think Samsung has a long way to go before they get what a good laptop should look like. 

Onweerwolf1
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Thank you so much Jacob,

You've been infinitely more helpful than the Samsung International and Dutch 'customer services'. 

I never considered this a driver issue as I assumed any new OS would have all the relevant drivers packed but of course I've always acquired older secondhand desktop and laptops in the past and this one is new so it makes sense that the drivers don't come with the OS yet.

It works, got the sound and keypad, should get the rest too!

Cheers!

SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Computers
Ofcourse. Glad I could assist. 🙂
SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Computers
By the way, can you mark my response as the solution?
0 Likes
Onweerwolf1
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I don't know how to do that. I don't see an option for it.

SuperBoop
Sun
Options
Computers
On my initial message, press the 3 dots and you should see an option for it.
0 Likes
Onweerwolf1
Asteroid
Options
Computers

It does not seem to be the case:

2023-06-09 01-34-25.png