cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Installing SSD on Samsung NP355E5C-A01US notebook 3

Hello, I installed a Crucial 500Gb SATA SSD on my notebook but it bootsup very slowly taking up to 3 minutes for the desktop to appear. The laptop seems to run ok afterward. The original HDD still works but its 8 yrs old and wanted to upgrade. I installed Windows 10 Home about 8 months ago. 

Any suggestions are very much appreciated - Odnam

4 REPLIES 4
Product Expert

Re: Installing SSD on Samsung NP355E5C-A01US notebook 3

Hi there!

I would suggest trying to install windows 10 on your SSD, usually it is recommended to store your OS on your fastest hard drive for optimization and faster boot time. I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello @userepVKb4FF8X,

As stated above I would install the OS on the SSD. This would ensure the operating system is using the faster drive. Currently, it is booting on the normal hard drive so you will have the speeds marked for that hard disk. Remember to backup your data in case of data loss and save all your serial keys if they are stored digitally.

Hope this was helpful!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Dear userepVKb4FF8X

Hope you are doing well.

I’m sorry to hear your windows is running slow after a HDD is installed.

This is just a suggestion I don’t know if it fix your problem. Avhart is correct, try installing the OS on the SDD, that would boot the OS up a lot faster.

Hope I was able to help and have a good day.

Be sure to click "  Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello,

Sorry I didn't explain myself well at all.  When I installed the Crucial SSD, I used Crucial's cloning software; I then removed the original HHD and replaced with the new cloned SSD.