Original topic:

Keyboard Illumination

(Topic created: 07-08-2019 01:37 PM)
rcesar22
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi,

I'd like to know where to find the Notebook 7 Spin NP740U5M-X01US keyboard driver for Windows 10 Pro. The keyboard illumination is not working anymore when I try Fn + F9.

Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Computers

It's probably included in the chipset update. Have you played with the keyboard settings in the Samsung Settings "app" yet?

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.

View solution in context

8 Replies
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/

0 Likes
rcesar22
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Thanks, but this site doesn't have drivers to download for my model (NP740U5M-X01US), just the user's manual.

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Unfortunately, if the driver is not on the website then it may not be available anymore.

0 Likes
rcesar22
Asteroid
Options
Computers

The drivers for my notebook are on the Samsung Update software, listed at Microsoft Store. The problem is that I can't find the keyboard driver anymore on this software.

Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
Solution
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Computers

It's probably included in the chipset update. Have you played with the keyboard settings in the Samsung Settings "app" yet?

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.

View solution in context

rcesar22
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi TheDaniel,

I found the Samsung Settings on the Microsoft Store and I'll give it a try.

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Best regards.

0 Likes
rcesar22
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi again, TheDaniel,

I'd like to thank you again because your suggestion solved my problem.

I did not even have to change any settings in the Samsung Settings software, just installed and the problem was solved.

Best regards.

Galezy
Constellation
Options
Computers

I know this is older post. New Notebook 9 Pro with same issue. Tech logged in and installed the Samsung Settings. Keyboard light worked. 2 days later out again. In my SS, there is no keyboard option. I'm doing so much research since I've got this all set up and really don't want to return. And I think some of the FN buttons not working

0 Likes