JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Keyboard function keys not working

(Topic created: 12-03-2019 06:22 AM)
user9NSCWC0VXz
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Laptop Samsung 940X, ATIV Book 9 Plus, model NP940X3G with updated Windows 10. 

After upgrading to Windows 10 none of the function keys (key Fn + F1-F12) are working.
I understand I need a Samsung driver to be able to use these keys but I cannot find any suitable such.
Someone got a link to a keyboard driver for this laptop and Windows 10?

10 Replies
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

Hello there, try running a SW Update.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user9NSCWC0VXz
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Could you please tell me the steps how to do that? A link maybe?

I've tried various SW packs and noone is working (giving backlight).

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

Type SWUpdate in the search bar at the bottom of your screen. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user9NSCWC0VXz
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Well, nothing on the laptop, Bing links to Linux SWUpdate on the web.

0 Likes
Solution
user9NSCWC0VXz
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Finally found a working SW Update. Backlight working!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Fantastic!  We're glad that you're up and running.  

0 Likes
userYe0cZ5AjrL
Astronaut
Options
Computers

To restore the function keys, search and download the SWUpdate. Unzip the file and update the Application. Run SWUpdate from PC and type in the Model type found on the back of your computer.

Pick the country and language. It asks for the series #. My example. I have a Samsung Chronos 7. The Model #  NP700Z5B-W

Series 7

Click on NP700Z5B-WO1UB  Then click on Series 7 Then click on Windows 7 because the Windows 7 was origional software. 

The programs will be selected. If you just want the function keys to work, then check Easy Settings , and nothing else. Example for file , I chose PC and Downloads. Remember the Date of the file.

Look in the PC Downloads and pick the file with the Date to click on. Then click on each program in the file. ( Easy Settings). Pick the Application file for setup. Follow the prompts. Done. The screen brightness setting will need you to change from Auto Adjust on the Settings battery saver or screen preference. Then it will brighten or darken.

0 Likes
Lonestar27
Astronaut
Options
Computers

1) Make sure you have downloaded "Samsung Settings App".

2) You have to have "Samsung Update Tool" installed on your PC.

3) From Samsung Update Tool, Go to "App" subsection, beneath Drivers on the left.

4) Look For "Samsung Setting Expansion Pack", download it.

5) Keyboard Back-light Feature supposed to work automatically.

6) If 5 not the case, please go to Samsung Settings, on the left select Input, and then Turn on Keyboard Backlight.

userMmuORdzOdn
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Are there any other solutions that anyone has found? I've tried all of these except the Samsung Expansion Pack because I can't seem to find it in a place where Microsoft Store/Windows will allow me to install. I updated the Samsung update, downloaded settings going back to Windows 8 and nothing has worked. I contacted support and they want me to wipe my pc go back to Windows 8 and incrementally update 8, then 8.1 then 10 because of a "compatibility issue" if I went from 8 directly to 10. I don't remember that was years ago and it's not a guaranteed fix! HELP! 😞

0 Likes