JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Laptop closes apps when minimized

(Topic created: 01-28-2023 01:15 PM)
Options
Computers
Every time I minimize an app on my galaxy book go, the app closes instead...what do I do?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this may be confusing why this is happening. But what I think is going on is the app is closing to the system tray. Certain apps will close to the system tray instead of minimizing to the taskbar at the bottom to save on resources for the computer. Depending on the app you should be able to go into the settings of that app and turn off "close to the system tray". To look and see if the app is there please look in the bottom right-hand corner and there should be an up arrow button click on that and it will bring up the system tray where other apps and programs will be running. If this does not solve the issue this could be an issue with windows and would need to reach out to the Microsoft support forum. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this may be confusing why this is happening. But what I think is going on is the app is closing to the system tray. Certain apps will close to the system tray instead of minimizing to the taskbar at the bottom to save on resources for the computer. Depending on the app you should be able to go into the settings of that app and turn off "close to the system tray". To look and see if the app is there please look in the bottom right-hand corner and there should be an up arrow button click on that and it will bring up the system tray where other apps and programs will be running. If this does not solve the issue this could be an issue with windows and would need to reach out to the Microsoft support forum. 

0 Likes