cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Lock a stolen laptop remotely?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My laptop was recently stolen by a lady that has a very vindictive heart.  Unfortunately, I do have a lot of very personal information on it and do not want this info accessible.  Is there a way I can lock this computer from being used just in case they get pass my login password?

Brandon Pool
State President
S.O.O. U.S.A. TX
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Lock a stolen laptop remotely?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the laptop by chance a chromebook? If so then you may be able to lock it using the Android device manager. If it is not, then unfortunately we do not have the capability to lock the device without it being in hand. I am very sorry for the inconvenience, I would recommend reaching out to your local police department if you know who has taken the laptop. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the laptop by chance a chromebook? If so then you may be able to lock it using the Android device manager. If it is not, then unfortunately we do not have the capability to lock the device without it being in hand. I am very sorry for the inconvenience, I would recommend reaching out to your local police department if you know who has taken the laptop. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you, fortunately a guest of the thief was a dear friend of mine and recognized the device. He made it known and secured it for me. It has since been returned to its rightful owner shortly later that same day.
Brandon Pool
State President
S.O.O. U.S.A. TX
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad to see that it was returned.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So if my Notebook 9 is stolen, I just need to make sure to know who took it and just get a mutual friend to return it. Can we really accept this as a solution? : ) I would, instead, suggest people search their Win10 for "Find My Device" and see the real solution. You need to set this up BEFORE it gets stolen.