cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

M7 Smart Monitor 32m70a USB-c issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today I received my new m7 smart monitor. Very glad with the monitor and it's smart features. Whilst installing and using the smart apps it works very well.

After a software update I connected the monitor using supplied hdmi cable. That worked very well using ; hp elitbook 820, windows 10, 8bit, 60Hz. But that's not the way I would like to connect it, so I tried the usb-c  connection. Without a supplied usb-c cable I grabbed an usb cable from my MacBook and an Amazon standard usb-c cable. Using each cable connected to the USB-hub with mouse and keyboard connected to it and charged the laptop (HP and MacBook). But there was no way to get it to register as a display in windows 10 or OSX bigsur. Both cables seem to work using other usb-c monitors and devices. Tried unplugging all usb pheriperals but it doesn't seem to differ, the source icon changes and has a checkmark and red sign, suggesting it should work. Tried all different settings in windows and OS X.

is anyone else experiencing this? And if so how did you solve this problem ? Will a reset work? Is it a setting Some where? Help! I wouldn't like to send it back, this is the perfect device for my home office and bedroom.

grts Tom 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid

Re: M7 Smart Monitor 32m70a USB-c issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

i fixed it here. Ordered a brand name certified USB-C 3.1 gen 2 cable from amazon. That did the trick. Whilst it now is working i have not tried connection my pheriperals trough the monitor. (to bussy). To bad the monitor can only handle 30Hz using USB-C, but the smart features outweigh that "shortcoming" for me.  Didn't try the macbook, but will probably work aswell. 

I got the 60Hz to work using HDMI using a setting in the menu somewhere (settings general, external devices,  input signal extra, (translated from dutch). obviously it works smoother then. But for office purposes the USB-C will be oke for me. For gaming i would switch tot the HDMI at 60Hz. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. I have a Macbook Pro 16'' 2019 model and recently purchased the new M7 monitor. If i use a HDMI cable the screen does work but its capped at 30hz. So i tried out connecting it with an USB-C cable which was provided with my macbook. But it only charges the macbook through the screen. it does not show any visual. 

I contacted Apple and they told me that the provided USB-C cable that comes with the mac is not optimised to work with external monitors. They suggest me to order a Thunderbold-3 USB type C cable and try that out. 

Will order and see if that solves the issue.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

i fixed it here. Ordered a brand name certified USB-C 3.1 gen 2 cable from amazon. That did the trick. Whilst it now is working i have not tried connection my pheriperals trough the monitor. (to bussy). To bad the monitor can only handle 30Hz using USB-C, but the smart features outweigh that "shortcoming" for me.  Didn't try the macbook, but will probably work aswell. 

I got the 60Hz to work using HDMI using a setting in the menu somewhere (settings general, external devices,  input signal extra, (translated from dutch). obviously it works smoother then. But for office purposes the USB-C will be oke for me. For gaming i would switch tot the HDMI at 60Hz. 

View solution in original post

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im still waiting for my cables to arrive today. But i was curious how you know that this monitor only supports 30Hz using USB-C? I went through all the specs but could not find anything about it.

I have it currently connected through HDMI and an HDMI > USB-C adepter in my macbook but im still stuck at 30Hz. Hope its caused by the adapter and that the new cables can solve this issue for me.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, i had a hardtime finding the specs. Then i googeld the manual for the smart monitors and the M5 and M7 have the same manual. It was then i read the usb-c is only 30Hz at UHD.

i have a HP thunderbolt dock conncected to my HP elitebook. From the dock i use displyport to HDMI kabel, that supports the 60Hz. HDMI on my elitebook doens't deliver the 30Hz, or at least i couldn't get it to work.