JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

M7 Smart Monitor 32m70a USB-c issue

(Topic created: 02-24-2021 05:46 AM)
Tomv77
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Today I received my new m7 smart monitor. Very glad with the monitor and it's smart features. Whilst installing and using the smart apps it works very well.

After a software update I connected the monitor using supplied hdmi cable. That worked very well using ; hp elitbook 820, windows 10, 8bit, 60Hz. But that's not the way I would like to connect it, so I tried the usb-c  connection. Without a supplied usb-c cable I grabbed an usb cable from my MacBook and an Amazon standard usb-c cable. Using each cable connected to the USB-hub with mouse and keyboard connected to it and charged the laptop (HP and MacBook). But there was no way to get it to register as a display in windows 10 or OSX bigsur. Both cables seem to work using other usb-c monitors and devices. Tried unplugging all usb pheriperals but it doesn't seem to differ, the source icon changes and has a checkmark and red sign, suggesting it should work. Tried all different settings in windows and OS X.

is anyone else experiencing this? And if so how did you solve this problem ? Will a reset work? Is it a setting Some where? Help! I wouldn't like to send it back, this is the perfect device for my home office and bedroom.

grts Tom 

18 Replies
Tomv77
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi Maarten

this cable below worked for me. In past tense.  Will try it again this weekend. 60Hz dvi also doesn’t seem to work any more. Seriously thinking of sending it back and getting ad different screen.  Also the remote has buttons for teletekst, which don’t support anything. Would be nice to be able to map them to apps. This product has been developed to quick, which makes the use pretty annoying. 

Nimosa usb-c tot usb-c 3.1 gen 2

https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B0874HH4ZZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0 Likes
userd6Qih4S378
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

It's soooo buggy. Usb-c worked fine for two weeks, not anymore today. My MacBook is charging, but no image.

And what about all the other problems? Apps not installing, Airplay not working/working again/stops altogether. Factory reset? No sir, you need a PIN code for that, but the remote doesn't have a key pad. Argh.

Tomv77
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same experience here. MacBook Air, which is ubs-c,  airplay keeps disconnecting out of the blue. Usb-c seems to be hit and miss. Got usb-c 60Hz on Hp elitebook. How is this possible when specs say it’s not possible.

0 Likes
userpFL6AoT2Is
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi quick question, apologies if this comes up more than once.

I have my peripherals (mouse, keyboard,webcam) connected to the USBA sockets on the screen. They work fine with the monitor smart features but do little when the monitor is connected by usbc 3.1 over a gen 2 cable to a laptop. It feels as if as if the screen’s usb hub functionality isn’t there and had mixed answers from Samsung support. Is that your experience too? Peripherals and cable work fine on a LG usbc monitor I have

0 Likes
Tomv77
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Nope doesn’t work, maybe bios update can fix this.. but whilst there is no upstream port probably not. Maybe they can reroute the “usb support port”….

0 Likes
Tomv77
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Had anyone else also received the bios update? Any issues fixed by it? New features?  How can we find out? Would be cool if the Samsung team that developed it informed us here. 

0 Likes
jcook77
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I got my M7 2 weeks ago. Should have better check this post before as the connection through usb-C was my main motivation. First I discovered there was no USB-C cable provided (all reviews on Youtube mentionned a cable in the Box ...). I ordered the exact same cable as Tomv77. The first try was OK, my Macbook Air 2020 connected with a single cable (even the hub was OK with my webcam connected to the monitor

Well ... this only worked once. After I disconnected my laptop, never managed to get it working again trough USB-C. I tried many, many things ... no success. I had to switch again to HDMI :-(.

Not far to send it back to the seller and switch to another brand ...

Tritone82
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi everyone! The issue seems to not be resolved (istead of what the post title say).

I have a macbook air M1 and with the Apple USB-C connected to the Monitor the mac charges but no video connection (@userxACLtBHloJ on my pref.>video window the "Gather Windows" botton does not appear)

Any answer from Samsung?

Vineeth Vijay
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

It is not solved at all despite the thread says so.

I have the same issue with my new m7 monitor I ordered 2 weeks back(Netherlands). It just worked for 1 hour or so and never again and now its only just charging, no video out.

Thought it could be a cable issue and ordered a new one and no luck. I have two macbook pro's so its not a laptop issue I'm sure.

Its a pity that I had this monitor for one of the major reason of using the USB-C connection.