Original topic:

MTP USB driver

(Topic created: 07-05-2021 11:33 AM)
Members_6mv2oLm
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Where can I download an MTP USB driver for Windows 7 Professional (or Windows 10, if that would be a different file, since I have both)? Besides my PC, my mobile devices are a Samsung Galaxy Tab 6 and a Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G. Everything I've gotten online either does not install correctly or links say to download from your manufacturer's website. Samsung doesn't have this on their site. I did download their latest drivers file SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_ver_1.5.65.0.exe but not all of the files installed. When the install wizard is done I click the Finish button, I then clicked on the active icon in the sys tray to view the installation in progress. It installs 7 files listed in order as (yes, the first 2 are named the same):  SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device, SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device, Galaxy Tab 6, SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem, MTP USB Device, SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem #2 and SAMSUNG Mobile USB Connectivity Device V2. The first time I installed the exe file, everything on the list installed successfully except the MTP USB Device (which is the driver I have specifically been searching for, that my computer tells me is missing). So I tried reinstalling the file. The second time, everything installed correctly except the second SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device on the list, as well as the MTP USB Device.

Samsung driver files installation results 2nd install.jpg

Any suggestions where to go from here?

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Try uninstalling all of the drivers for both devices in Device Management and then re-install the 1.5.65

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Computers
Use Linux
0 Likes