Original topic:

Missing Camera Driver

(Topic created on: 1/15/21 6:16 PM)
userhfnAsS60wE
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hi I kind of need help my camera doesn't appear in the device manager on my Samsung Galaxy flex a and the driver is no where I clicked on show hidden drivers and it's no where and now my camera isn't detected on my laptop I tried looking for the driver if I could install it manually but I couldn't and I used samsung and windows update if anything came up but it doesn't show the driver I need for the webcam anyone know where I might be able to find it?? Thanks in advanced

5 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

The drivers for this should be available via Samsung Update. If the camera does not appear in the Device Manager, you may have a hardware issue instead of a software one. When was the device purchased? Have you ever taken it apart?

0 Likes
k8bobate
Constellation
Options
Computers

We have the same issue on our Samsung Galaxy flex alpha, and my daughter needs it for online schooling. The built-in camera is not detected, not hidden in device manager and drivers are not found when I use Samsung update and windows update. I even tried support on Samsung website but the only driver to download is the manual, no drivers. I'm just disappointed since this laptop is less than a year old and was relatively expensive compared to other options out there. We are trying to use an external webcam since the internal one is no longer detected, and the external cam only stays detected and functioning for a short while before any camera app such as Zoom freezes up and says it cannot detect a camera.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

If you've tried running SW update to no avail, the next step would be do to run a system restore on the flex.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userhfnAsS60wE
Constellation
Options
Computers

I fixed my problem by holding the Fn key and F11 key down at the same time try it I hope it works. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Thank you for sharing!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes