cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

NP940X5N-X01US Samsung update is not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For my work I was almost 1 year in the US. November 2017 I bought a notebook 9 pro 15'' i7 8gen. Modelnumber NP940X5N-X01US.

I have returned to Europe and am know trying to update my notebook. When I try to update (drivers and apps) via the Samsung update app, the app is continously bussy with "nothing" . When I try to update via https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/ the site does not recognize my modelnumber.

I have tot mention that updating my notebook in the US went OK.

Please help!!!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: NP940X5N-X01US Samsung update is not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you for your reply. I already found a solution for the problem. For updating my notebook I used the Samsung Update app. This did not work. I found out this was an app from from the Microsoft store. After searching the web for this problem I downloaded the SW Update app from the Samsung site. For some reason this app works great for updating my notebook here in Europe.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly it's an IP conflict due to the unit being outside of the US. US devices are not rated for use outside of the US so when taking them overseas it tends to cause issues. Especially with updates or app compatibilities. You might be able to work around this if you can use a VPN for the network, I've heard of some success with this with our TVs and tablets before so it'd be worth a shot if possible. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you for your reply. I already found a solution for the problem. For updating my notebook I used the Samsung Update app. This did not work. I found out this was an app from from the Microsoft store. After searching the web for this problem I downloaded the SW Update app from the Samsung site. For some reason this app works great for updating my notebook here in Europe.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sweet, happy to hear you got it working.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.