cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

NP940X5N-X01US has a Blackscreen problem. All other things works fine thru ext display.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. Unfortunately, I'm the new one, who’s experiencing the black screen problem.

Samsung 9 Pro notebook NP940X5N-X01US.

All the other things works good, I still can use my notebook with the external monitor connected via HDMI port (or connected thru the USB Type-C dock station, it doesn't matter).

The touchscreen and webcam works fine, but the screen itself remains black all the time. The notebook screen couldn’t be seen as the hardware item not In the Windows display settings menu, not even in the reports from system checking programs like AIDA64. The only one display available is the external monitor. Doesn't matter if the computer is running on battery or plugged in.

May be this issue could be a result of Windows 10 update, I’m not sure. It would be great to get any kind of support from Samsung team and Community. Thank You.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NP940X5N-X01US has a Blackscreen problem. All other things works fine thru ext display.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109614/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: NP940X5N-X01US has a Blackscreen problem. All other things works fine thru ext display.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, how long have you had this laptop? Also, have you had any issues before the windows update? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanx for reply. I've bougtht this laptop 06/16/2018. Laptop screen was fine all this time.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I still live with hope, you guys could help me)

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109614/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

View solution in original post