So I recently decided to update my Notebook 7 Spin (NP740U5L-Y02US) to Windows Update 1703 and ever since I have been unable to open Samsung Settings. Is there a way to make it work again? I've looked through previous threads and one of them said to factory reset, but I don't want to do that. I'm pretty sure there is another way.
EDIT: So I actually got it to work again. Here are the steps for anyone running Windows 10 version1703.
1. Check what Windows version you are running under system properties. Then, check which Redstone version you are running here.
2.Open Samsung Update.
3. Click on Find Model.
4. Type model name in search bar. In my case I clicked on NP740U5L-Y02US.
5. Now depending on which Windows 10 Redstone version you are running, which you checked in step 1, you choose depending on what it is. In my case 1703 is Redstone 2, so I click on Windows 10 RS2.
6.Now, in Save Setup Files, uncheck everything except Samsung Settings. Then save (I saved to Desktop since it is easy to locate). File is named SystemSoftware.
7. Now uninstall the original Samsung Settings.
8. After uninstalling it, go to the SystemSoftware file you just downloaded, click on Samsung Settings_3.0."---", and double click Inst application.
Solved! Go to Solution.