JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notebook 7 Spin, Windows Ink but what stylus can be used??

(Topic created: 02-21-2018 08:53 AM)
userxcqiPi5rf5
Asteroid
Options
Computers

So the Notebook 7 Spin has Windows Ink. I want to get the Wacom stylus, but they say it isn't compatible. What stylus IS COMPATIBLE with it? Kind of hard to use the windows ink stuff if you have to use your fat finger as the stylus!!!!

Guy at Best Buy said the Wacom SHOULD be able to be used if Microsoft Pen Protocol is installed... but is it?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userxcqiPi5rf5
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I have spent countless time on the phone with Samsung, Windows, Wacom....

Even if you install the drivers, no good stylus options.

Windows Ink on this is a joke due to Samsung refusing to give us WPP (Windows Pen Protocol)

The only thing that I have been told is to maybe try the old stylus... the kind with the little rubber nub at the end. Even that, they said no guarantee it will work.

I can't believe I spend this much money and was lied to at the store about the Bamboo Ink working with it. And I can't believe we are being sold on "WINDOWS INK" and ending up with nothing to use for the apps and programs. 

Irritated. Thanks Samsung for not giving us WPP!!

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Generica
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I also have been trying to find out this information. I would not have bought this computer if I thought a basic feature like the use of a stylus would not be available.

Are there any workarounds? compatible stylus' or any hope?

I know the new Notebook 7 will have an active stylus, I only bought this notebook one 6 weeks ago.... what about us?

0 Likes
user1Lg968XlKX
Constellation
Options
Computers

I'm wondering the same thing.   When I bought my computer, I bought the Bamboo Ink pen, which was placed by the computer, thinking it would work. It's not compatible. Very disappointing.

0 Likes
Solution
userxcqiPi5rf5
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I have spent countless time on the phone with Samsung, Windows, Wacom....

Even if you install the drivers, no good stylus options.

Windows Ink on this is a joke due to Samsung refusing to give us WPP (Windows Pen Protocol)

The only thing that I have been told is to maybe try the old stylus... the kind with the little rubber nub at the end. Even that, they said no guarantee it will work.

I can't believe I spend this much money and was lied to at the store about the Bamboo Ink working with it. And I can't believe we are being sold on "WINDOWS INK" and ending up with nothing to use for the apps and programs. 

Irritated. Thanks Samsung for not giving us WPP!!

0 Likes