cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nazatin
Cosmic Ray

Notebook 7 Spin

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a Notebook 7 Spin 15.6 12g Ram and I'm just wondering if there is any battery replacement for this laptop?  I game a lot and I have already gone through 45 life cycles in a few weeks.  I just want to know if there will be a spare to buy once my battery weakens.

Also, if there is a bettery replacement and if I was to open up my laptop to replace the battery, will it void the warranty?

I have my laptop's battery life extender+ on and I keep it on battery saver unless I am gaming to keep the battery life lasting longer.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Notebook 7 Spin

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! I was able to locate the model on our website. Sadly this unit does not have a "removable" battery. You are able to replace the battery on your own, however this would void the warranty as it requires opening the "back" of the unit. Should you wish to purchase the battery it can be found here: http://www.samsungparts.com/partslist.aspx?Catalog=Parts_and_Accessories&Category=NP740U5LY02US  listed under Entire Parts. Very sorry for any inconveniences, hope this information helps! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mind providing the exact model code for the laptop? I'll be happy to check to be sure this is possible (as not to void the warranty) and where you could get one. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Nazatin
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's model number is 740U5L-Y02.  15.6 inch and 12 gb ram.

@SamsungCole wrote:

Mind providing the exact model code for the laptop? I'll be happy to check to be sure this is possible (as not to void the warranty) and where you could get one. 

I have been looking throughout the internet unable to find one so, I'm unsure if they are even sold.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was the spin purchased in the US?

Nazatin
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry I am having issues finding this model in our systems. Can you please send me an image of this model info? Thank you. 

Nazatin
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry it took so long.  Here is the picture.

http://imgur.com/a/vWoyD

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! I was able to locate the model on our website. Sadly this unit does not have a "removable" battery. You are able to replace the battery on your own, however this would void the warranty as it requires opening the "back" of the unit. Should you wish to purchase the battery it can be found here: http://www.samsungparts.com/partslist.aspx?Catalog=Parts_and_Accessories&Category=NP740U5LY02US  listed under Entire Parts. Very sorry for any inconveniences, hope this information helps! 

View solution in original post

Nazatin
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for the help.  I found it and will be sure to buy another battery when my current one weakens from many uses.