cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVlRPf7HDEa
Constellation

Notebook 9 Pro won't charge

Hello all.  I purchased the Notebook 9 Pro on Dec 4, 2018 and used it very little but did charge it when it first arrived.  Most of the year I've been busy with work and travel and used the MacBook mostly.  But I did find time over the holidays to try working with it.  Plugged it in for a few hours to charge, booted it up to find it only works with the power supply.  The battery won't charge and the laptop has no more than 2 hours max of runtime.  At just over a year old (and NOW out of warranty), I'm extremely disappointed.  I thought Samsung devices were better than this.

Am I missing something with this battery ?  I metered the power supply output at 19.2v so I know that it works.  Thank you for any possible help.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Notebook 9 Pro won't charge

Hi @userVlRPf7HDEa. There's one concern that comes to mind. Is it fair to say that the laptop remained at 0% for months? This is pretty bad for batteries. 

Other than that, an out-of-warranty service seems inevitable -- unless you're familiar with replacing PC components. But before we consider repairs we need to verify two things. Right click the Windows icon, choose device manager. See if the battery is listed among the top 5 parent entries. 

After this you need to see Windows' report on the battery via CMD. Right click the windows icon again, then pick CMD (admin). Type: "powercfg /batteryreport" (without quotes). Output file resides in (Drive letter of active partition):\Windows\System32. Find battery-report and open it. Upload a screenshot of the info to the forum. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userVlRPf7HDEa
Constellation

Re: Notebook 9 Pro won't charge

Screen Shot 2020-02-04.pngThank you for reviewing.