cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Notebook 9 pro Not booting or charging NP940X3M-K01US

I have a Notebook 9 pro NP940X3M-K01US that one day stopped booting. Though the laptop is plugged in and the led indicator light on the AC adapter is blue, the LED light on the laptop does  not turn on. I tried buying a new battery and switching it out with the thoughts that the battery may be dead, but the new battery did not work either - the LED light on the laptop does not turn on, the laptop does not charge. Can anyone assist?

I've been pretty happy with the laptop and for it to totally stop functioning is pretty disappointing.

Thanks,
Ed

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notebook 9 pro Not booting or charging NP940X3M-K01US

I'm sorry to hear that, how long has this been occurring?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It happened a few weeks ago, so it's been dead since then @SamsungCaleb . I only recently got another battery I ordered online, which still did not work.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you send me a private message with your full serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungCaleb, sent you a PM sir.

Thanks,

Ed

Comet

Is the replacement battery an OEM? If not, switch back the the old battery. But the battery wouldn't even be part of this equation if it's plugged in. The blue light is good. Have you tried holding the power button down for 15-30 seconds?

When you try to power it on, does anything happen? fans? screen backlight? any beeps?

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.
Highlighted
Asteroid

@TheDaniel wrote:

Is the replacement battery an OEM? If not, switch back the the old battery. But the battery wouldn't even be part of this equation if it's plugged in. The blue light is good. Have you tried holding the power button down for 15-30 seconds?

When you try to power it on, does anything happen? fans? screen backlight? any beeps?

Thank you for the reply. And just to reiterate, the blue light is on the ac adapter, not the laptop. The battery was not OEM, it just met all the same specifications. Per your advice, I replaced the original battery in the laptop and the laptop was still nonreponsive when turning on the power button, so no fans, no screen actitives or beeps.

I've been thinking, could this be a blown fuse?

Thanks for your help.

Ed