JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notebook NP270E5K-XW2BR stuck in "System Information Screen"

(Topic created: 02-19-2019 09:38 PM)
gabrielviannasr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

When I power on the notebook, it shows the System Information Srceen.

It's not possible to enters Bios, Safe Mode or do anything.

The screen shows a query code, the informations like Model Name and Bios Version and the message "Press Power Button to exit"

What can I do to fix it?

System Information Screen

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

We are sorry to hear about this. As this is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek support for your area. You can do so using this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

gabrielviannasr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Thanks.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

You are welcome.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
gabrielviannasr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I got the answer from the support from my area and it worked!

I'll translate it here, maybe this can help others.

This specific error may be some system crash, but do not worry about performing the steps below to resolve this case:

1. With the unit turned off. Keep pressing the "F2" key several times, then press the power button and turn it off once, but do not stop pressing "F2".
  2. When "Samsung BIOS configuration" appears, stop pressing the button.
  3. Press the "F9" key and then the "ENTER".
  4. Press the "F10" key and the "ENTER" key.

The appliance will start (it is normal for it to take a while to start, wait for 5 to 10 minutes).

We can also perform a factory reset of the device, this will erase the entire contents of the device, so please save your data before performing this procedure.

To perform the restoration follow the instructions below:

1. With the unit turned off. Stay by pressing the "F4" key several times, then press the power button and turn it off once, but do not stop pressing the "F4".
  2. When "Samsung Please Wait" appears, stop pressing the key.
  3. The screen will be completely blue and "Samsung Recovery" will appear (tool where to perform the restoration) a license term will appear at the end of the upload.
  4. After agreeing, I ask that you click on "Factory Image"> Recover> Recover. And a message will appear in the center of the screen informing you that all contents of the system will be deleted.
  5. Click "Yes" and the restoration will begin and it will take about 20 to 30 minutes.

I used the first part to start the Windows, I hope this can be useful.

View solution in context

0 Likes
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Computers

In case you're reading this thread, I'm pretty sure both solutions involved here concludes with your hard drives being wiped. Back up your junk first.

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.