cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Notebook Odyssey (NP850XBC-X02US) laptop problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sent in my laptop for repair about a month ago and got it back with them stating that there were no problems found. However, my laptop is still doing the same thing: randomly decides to not turn on even though there's a full charge or it's plugged in and I have to wait a few days for the battery to fully drain.

Anyway, I just encountered two new problems. The laptop started to get sluggish and slow so I thought I would use Samsung Recovery to do a factory reset. Everything seemed to be going well and the laptop acted like it was starting the process when I got a blue screen with this message:

*Your PC needs to be repaired.

Required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed.

Error code: 0xc000000f

You’ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don’t have any installation media (like a disk or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacture.

Press Enter to try again
Press F8 for Startup Settings
Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings*

I had already made a Win 10 USB so I was able to do a clean install of Windows 10, but the problem still persists whether I use Samsung Recovery or one of the recovery options in settings. How do I fix this?

Now my second problem. I will randomly get a colored screen like this which freezes the laptop. I've been able to turn off the laptop and turn it on, which sends me to the sign in screen and after signing in, it pops right back to the app or page I was on like nothing had happened at all. Sorry for the bad pic.

20201026_125027.jpg4

I wouldn't be as upset if my laptop was old and getting near the end of its life, but the laptop is barely 6 months old. I've had a lot of Samsung products and this is the only one that has ever given me problems.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notebook Odyssey (NP850XBC-X02US) laptop problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend letting a service technician have another look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notebook Odyssey (NP850XBC-X02US) laptop problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend letting a service technician have another look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post