Original topic:

Odyssey+ Unable to update Firmware to 1.0.2 Red and Green lights

(Topic created on: 9/3/19 9:27 PM)
Wolfgangjr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Symptoms:

The progress bar goes to 10% then sits there. The lights on the HMD goes from blinking green to blinking red and green but then returns to blinking green with no further progress. I could use some help.

Work Done:

Differnet USB3 ports.

Reinstalled HMD software and reinstalled.

Rebooted computer.

Removed power from computer.

No idea what else to do.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Wolfgangjr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Resolution:

I opened an older Windows 10 notification about the 1.0.2 firmware when i first tried updating and it loaded the Firmware upgrade screen. It showed it couldnt read the current firmware version but It was aware that it could still apply 1.0.2. I applied the upgrade and now the unit is now working with 1.0.2 with no issues as far as I can tell. Got lucky.

Pure luck but maybe as long as red and green are blinking customers can try to get to the FIRMWARE upgrade screen directly somehow and complete the upgrade.

No further support needed at this time. Thanks four your assistance SamsungGill.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Are there any other devices connected to the computer? Have you tried turning off any anti-virus software?

0 Likes
Wolfgangjr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I started suffering from major crashes and decided to rebuild the operating system. This allowed the bios update to get to 15% but then stalled again with a blinking red light for an hour. I then stopped then software and restarted the pc but now all i get is flashing red and green and no response from the HMD. Is the HMD dead at this point? What are my opions. I got it from Amazon.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Are you located in the US? When was it purchased?

0 Likes
Wolfgangjr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Yes. I am from the USA. It was purchased 8/21/2019 through Amazon. I am looking at all my return/repair options.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

You can check with Amazon regarding their exchange policy, alternatively, we can set it up for service. Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

0 Likes
Wolfgangjr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

ok. Thanks. Will send information in link as requested. Currently working with amazon as well.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

No problem, you are welcome.

0 Likes
Solution
Wolfgangjr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Resolution:

I opened an older Windows 10 notification about the 1.0.2 firmware when i first tried updating and it loaded the Firmware upgrade screen. It showed it couldnt read the current firmware version but It was aware that it could still apply 1.0.2. I applied the upgrade and now the unit is now working with 1.0.2 with no issues as far as I can tell. Got lucky.

Pure luck but maybe as long as red and green are blinking customers can try to get to the FIRMWARE upgrade screen directly somehow and complete the upgrade.

No further support needed at this time. Thanks four your assistance SamsungGill.

View solution in context

0 Likes