OneNote crashes and causes reboot on Samsung Chromebook Pro

Constellation

OneNote crashes and causes reboot on Samsung Chromebook Pro

[ Edited ]

Ever since the update to ChromeOS 70 Onenote crashes. I've posted on Google's support forum to no avail. I first noticed it when I moved to the Beta channel several weeks ago. Someone just posted that they are having the same issue now that 70 is on the Stable channel.

It would be WONDERFUL if someone from Samsung (or others with Samsung Chromebook Pros) could verify this so at some point it could be fixed. 

I'm on ChromeOS 71 now and the problem is STILL there. OneNote doesn't crash as quickly as it once did but it is still crashing and causing the computer to reboot instantly. 

See more topics labeled with:

9 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: OneNote crashes and causes reboot on Samsung Chromebook Pro

Can you provide the full model number of the Chromebook Pro?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Same happening here, as well.   Mine is a XE410C24-K04US

Samsung Moderator

@user5yCsPg5xot Is the software up to date? Does this only occur with OneNote?

Astronaut

I have the same issue. Every time I use OneNote the system reboots after a few minutes. There don't seem to be other apps that case a reboot (although a few, like Google Drive, do crash more frequently under this version of Chrome OS). My Chromebook Pro is XE510C24-K01US, running Chrome OS 70.0.3538.76. 

Astronaut

Mine does too.  Model: XE510C24-K01US

I'm thinking I'll just send mine in for servicing.  It's still within the first year and this isn't supported behavior.

Constellation

Same here

Constellation

Mine recently started crashing, too.

Chrome OS Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Chromebook Pro Model: XE510C24

Astronaut

Mines doing the same thing, and I just got it for Christmas. Maybe it's OneNote? And on mine, it reboots and completely logs me out of everything- even my Microsoft account!

ChromeOS Version 71.0.3578.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Samsung Chromebook Pro model xe510c25i

Highlighted
Constellation

It's not OneNote. It's an issue with the kernel on Samsung Chromebook Pro. Here's the best place to keep track of what's going on. Seems like Google has a fix and is merging it into ChromeOS. Not sure when the fix will make it to the various channels (Stable, Beta, Dev).

See here for more info: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=903395#c4